AN UPDATE AROUND COVID 19 OUTBREAK
Keeping you up to date at Kendal Wall
As all customers will undoubtedly understand we are following Public Health England and Government advice closely regarding COVID 19 / Coronavirus. We currently have no plans to close Kendal Wall and we will continue to trade as normal until advice or circumstances change.
At our Centre we ask that you, our customers, help us / Public Health England (PHE) by following the simple advice below:
- Wash your hands frequently as per PHE advice (see BBC News link here) – before and after climbing, toilet breaks and before eating food.
- Cover your mouth and nose if you cough or sneeze – into a tissue or use your elbow and discard tissue into a bin.
- If you are showing any signs of symptoms of COVID 19 please do self-isolate at home and do not visit a climbing wall.
We all know climbing is good for your health – mentally as well as physically – but missing one or two sessions if you feel in any way ill will not be detrimental to your climbing fitness. Please follow the below PHE advice and please do not visit your local climbing wall if:
- You are experiencing any COVID 19 symptoms – The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of a new continuous cough and/or high temperature. If you have these symptoms, however mild, stay at home and do not leave your house for 7 days from when your symptoms started.
- You have been in contact with someone within the last 14 days who has subsequently contracted the virus
- Travelled to one of the affected areas (full list on this link here)
In amongst all the above advice please note that all LCC Walls are doing the following:
- Advising any staff who show symptoms to self-isolate to stay at home and not come to work
- Cleaning all our areas with increased regularity throughout the day
- Our external cleaning company are continuing to follow best practice when cleaning our Centre.
- Asking all our customers to pay by card rather than cash.
- Advising customers to use alcohol based liquid chalk to minimise dust and help keep hands clean.
As the COVID 19 situation continues to evolve there is an increased likelihood of disruption within our Centre / daily lives. We will aim to keep the Centre open as normal and advise that you follow our Social Media account to keep up to date.
If you have any questions regarding bookings please do contact us on [email protected]
We also understand that some people may be more affected than others. If this is you, and you would like to freeze (or cancel) your recurring monthly membership until this period of uncertainty has passed, please email [email protected] and we will be allowing up to 6 months freeze, rather than the usual 3 months limit. Don’t forget to change your standing orders. If however you can afford to keep your memberships running to support us during this difficult period it would be much appreciated! And remember, at this time of year Kendal Wall is generally quiet during the day up to 6pm, so do come daytime if you would prefer to avoid busy times.
Please remember to be good to each other and follow best practice and advice from Public Health England.