Important Current Information
Hello KendalWall climbers!
We’re continuing to work hard to comply with the Government guidelines and make KendalWall COVID-Secure. Please be aware that despite all our COVID-secure measures we cannot guarantee our site is COVID free. Please ensure you are up to date with the current government measures to help make your visit as COVID-secure as possible including; social distancing requirements, hygiene guidelines and any local lockdown or self-isolation measures relevant to you and your household. If for any reason connected to COVID -related circumstances you need to cancel your booking, we will refund you, arrange a future booking or credit you towards a future booking. We are available by email at [email protected] or 01539 721766 to answer any questions. More detailed COVID info here.
Please be aware that your details may be shared with NHS Test and Trace service if requested.
BOOK YOUR CLIMB
For experienced climbers. As there will now be a limit on the numbers we can accommodate, some people might like to book a time slot during busier times to guarantee entry to the wall. These bookable slots will cost £1 to reserve and give you 2 hours of climbing. As mentioned below, we will only ask climbers to leave after their 2 hours has elapsed if we are running at or near capacity.
Wondering if you need to book?
If it’s a rainy day, especially on weekends or evenings, we strongly advise booking. Check our capacity counter AND how many other people have booked for the coming hours. (This can be seen on the booking page.) When we reach capacity, we may not be able to let you in for a climb unless you have booked.
FIRST VISIT – What changes to expect
If you’ve not been to the Centre since the shutdown, it would be well worth a read below;
- Please don’t come to the Centre if you’re not well!
- Sanitise your hands on entry and regularly when climbing.
- Please wear face coverings in the reception and shop areas.
- Please bring your check in card with you. You will need it to check in and out. If you haven’t been issued with one, we can sort that out for you on your first visit.
- Arrive ‘Climb Ready’ to minimise number of people in the changing rooms and reduce the amount of clothing and bags in the Centre.
- Please use contactless pay. We don’t have any change in the till to give out.
- Capacity for each room is displayed at the entrance to that room. During busy times you may need to climb in a different area and come back later if capacity is exceeded.
- Limited capacity means we may ask you to leave after 2 hours. We will always ask visitors and those who have been here the longest to leave first.
- Please don’t bring spectators. Everyone in the building counts on our capacity so please don’t bring spectators with you. We may have to ask them to leave if we hit capacity.
- Remember to CHECK OUT when you leave. This helps us stay within our capacity and allows us to admit others to climb and avoids you getting caught up in any Track and Trace incident after you’ve left.
RULE OF 6
The Government have issued the ‘rule of 6’ for groups socialising at the Centre. This new rule means that you shouldn’t be socialising in groups of more than 6 at the Centre. More info here. When you are meeting your friends at the Centre in smaller groups, please continue to observe all our current COVID-secure measures including social distancing, handwashing/ handsanitising and wearing a face covering in our circulation spaces outside of the climbing areas.
It is a legal requirement that we display these QR code posters in our Centre; these are for NHS Test and Trace.
We have our own system for Check-In and Check-Out which it is essential all our customers use, especially the CHECK-OUT!
If you wish to, you can also scan and use the QR code if you have the NHS Covid-19 APP on your phone.
You will need to book spaces and email or phone the Centre in advance to let us know your plans and ensure all registration details are held by us before your visit. We ask that ONLY the group leader comes into the building to Reception on arrival and that they only bring the group in once check in has been completed as our Reception area has limited space. Further information and downloadable forms here.