Important Current Information
PLEASE NOTE WE WILL BE CLOSED, as per new national restrictions, from 10pm Wednesday 4th November onwards . We will re-open as soon as we are allowed to do so.
All gift cards, pre-paid punches, memberships etc, will be honoured as per the previous lock down.
KendalWall COVID measures
We’re continuing to work hard to comply with the Government guidelines and keep KendalWall COVID-Secure. Please be aware that despite all our COVID-Secure measures we cannot guarantee our site is COVID free. Please ensure you are up to date with the current government measures to help make your visit as COVID-Secure as possible. If for any reason connected to COVID related circumstances you need to cancel your booking, we will refund you, arrange a future booking or credit you towards a future booking. We are available by email at [email protected] or 01539 721766 to answer any questions. More detailed COVID info here.
Please be aware that your details may be shared with NHS Test and Trace service if requested.
Government COVID TIER System
In compliance with the new Government COVID Tiers system, a few things to note:
Until closing on 5th November, KendalWall remains in a Tier 1 area with up to 6 people able to meet inside, so long as they are observing the guidelines of; Hands, Face, Space (especially social distancing).
Please be aware if you live in a Tier 2 or 3 area, we ask you to act responsibly and to abide by your local restrictions which are; avoid travel outside your area, if you do choose to visit you may only socialise (ie climb) with people in our Centre who are in your bubble/ household.
For all our climbers, you should be considering restricting yourself to one regular climbing partner and minimising social time on our site. This winter consider the Wall as a training venue only please.
We don’t want to be the fun police but we are asking that all our customers act responsibly in the Centre, and help keep both our staff and customers safe. Very importantly, your cooperation will help the Wall stay open as much as possible for us all to enjoy this Winter.
More information on the new COVID Tier System of restrictions here.
BOOK YOUR CLIMB
For experienced climbers. As there will now be a limit on the numbers we can accommodate, some people might like to book a time slot during busier times to guarantee entry to the wall. These bookable slots will cost £1 to reserve and give you at least 2 hours of climbing. As mentioned below, we will only ask climbers to leave after their 2 hours has elapsed if we are running at or near capacity.
Wondering if you need to book?
If it’s a rainy day, especially on weekends or evenings, we strongly advise booking. Check our capacity counter AND how many other people have booked for the coming hours. (This can be seen on the booking page.) When we reach capacity, we may not be able to let you in for a climb unless you have booked. You can now also book the Loft or Main Hall in the evening to guarantee a space in your favourite area. Bear in mind that £1 to book is probably less than your fuel to travel here.
LATEST CHANGES – What to expect
If you’ve not been to the Centre for a while, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY;
- Please don’t come to the Centre if you’re not well, self -isolating, awaiting a test result etc
- Sanitise your hands on entry and regularly when climbing.
- You must now wear your face covering/mask in all areas of the Centre, apart from the café when eating and drinking and climbing areas when actually climbing.This means that on the mats in the bouldering areas, please put your mask on between climbs if you are taking a break, however short. This is the new ABC (Association of British Climbing Walls) guidance.
When roped climbing you and your partner may want to try climbing or belaying wearing a mask, but you must risk assess this for yourself and decide whether it is safe (make sure you can communication adequately).
If you cannot wear a mask please avoid visiting our site for now please.
- Please bring your check-in card with you. You will need it to check in and out. If you haven’t been issued with one, we can sort that out for you on your first visit.
- Arrive ‘Climb Ready’ to minimise number of people in the changing rooms and reduce the amount of clothing and bags in the Centre.
- Please use contactless pay. We are not accepting cash and don’t have any change in the till to give out.
- Capacity for each room is displayed at the entrance to that room. During busy times you may need to climb in a different area and come back later if capacity is exceeded.
- Limited capacity means we may ask you to leave after 2 hours. We will always ask visitors and those who have been here the longest to leave first.
- Please don’t bring spectators. Everyone in the building counts on our capacity so please don’t bring spectators with you. We may have to ask them to leave if we hit capacity.
- Remember to CHECK-OUT when you leave. This helps us stay within our capacity, allows us to admit others to climb and avoids you getting caught up in any Test and Trace incident after you’ve left.
It is a legal requirement that we display these QR code posters in our Centre; these are for NHS Test and Trace.
We have our own system for Check-In and Check-Out which it is essential all our customers use, especially the CHECK-OUT!
If you wish to, you can also scan and use the QR code if you have the NHS Covid-19 APP on your phone.
BE AWARE you should not leave your phone switched on when it is not with you – it could be tracked in a locker!
You will need to book spaces and email or phone the Centre in advance to let us know your plans and ensure all registration details are held by us before your visit. We ask that ONLY the group leader comes into the building to Reception on arrival and that they only bring the group in once check in has been completed as our Reception area has limited space. Further information and downloadable forms here.