KICKSTART PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITY AT KENDAL WALL
Kendal Wall is a facility of the Lakeland Climbing Centre Limited. We are driven by our passion for climbing and the positive effects it can bring to people’s lives. Our centre in Kendal has been delivering excellent climbing, for experienced and new climbers for twenty-five years. In partnership with our customers, staff, sponsors, and suppliers we have created and continue to develop friendly, efficient and safety conscious centres of excellence for climbing, that everyone can enjoy.
Introducing Kendal Wall
Kendal Wall is a large climbing centre, incorporating lead walls and bouldering, we have extensive training facilities – including our dry tooling area – as well as family-friendly auto-belay climbing and an indoor Via Ferrata. We are currently expanding to two further sites in the north west, in Lancaster and Preston.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Café: Open up and shut down café, cleaning, ordering stock, receiving and checking orders and serving customers.
- Instruction: learning about the instruction offered, potentially deliver CrazyClimb sessions, observe and possibly assist on other instruction.
- Route Setting: hold washing, training for stripping holds, helping keep back office clean and tidy, assisting with basic admin e.g. bouldering competition paperwork, scores.
- Reception: learning how to use RGP, dealing with basic email enquiries, answering the telephone and dealing with customer queries, serving customers on the front desk and in the shop
- Shop: cleaning and general help for the shop manager
- General maintenance and cleaning duties as directed by the Line Manager.
IMPORTANT NOTE – All work at height is subject to age of successful applicant and all relevant health and safety legislation.
Minimum 30 hours per week
The line manager may require additional jobs/work to be completed outside of your contracted hours, therefore a degree of flexibility is required. All hours are paid at normal pay rate as the job requires a number of unsociable hours and flexibility from all staff. Overtime will be paid up to 8 hours maximum per week by prior arrangement with the line manager. Time off in lieu arrangements also available if preferred by successful candidate.
|1||Effective team member with a flexible approach to work and colleagues||Essential||Application and Interview|
|2||Good communication both written and verbal||Essential||Application and Interview|
|3||Experience of working with the public in a service environment||Desirable||Application and Interview|
|4||An interest in developing yourself as a climber||Essential||Interview|
|5||Commitment to undergo further training in line with job responsibilities||Essential||Interview|
Application Form – applicants are asked to provide supporting information to demonstrate how they meet the criteria. The response will be scored as part of the shortlisting process.
Interview – assessed during the interview process by competency or behavioural based questions.
Timeline for applications
- Appliction deadline: 2nd May at Midnight
- Interview dates: 6th & 7th May at Kendal Wall
- Placement starts on: 10th May
The timeline for applications may be shorter depending on the number of applications.
Interviews will be carried out in a socially distanced covid secure manner.
If you are eligible for the placement and the Department for Work and Pensions have signposted you to this job placement, please fill in the form here:
Sorry. This form is no longer available.