Schools and Groups
The Lakeland Climbing Centre is situated in Kendal, the gateway to the Lake District and is committed to providing the best quality and value for aspiring young climbers from all backgrounds.
The Lakeland Climbing Centre boasts the Northwest’s biggest indoor Climbing Wall. We have a large selection of walls ranging from 4m high ‘slabs’ to a 24.5m high overhanging wall, the tallest in England. In addition we have three dedicated bouldering walls and a beginners’ room with top-roping and lead climbing available which is ideal for group use. Throughout the Centre we always have a number of in-situ top-ropes and up to 3 auto-belayer devices which groups are welcome to use. Two meeting rooms are available for workshops, lunches, slide shows etc. We can cater for groups with a range of menus to suit all budgets.
There are two ways to use our Centre as a visiting group; you can book instructors from us to provide teaching and supervision for your novice climbers or you can bring your own suitably qualified and insured supervisors to run your own session.
Some of the advantages of group climbing sessions at our Centre include:
· Superb facilities for group use and ease of progression for your students
· Equipment hire – all the relevant equipment is available to hire at a reduced rate
· Bespoke climbing sessions – with our instructors, we will tailor the sessions to your specifications
· Payment – we make payment as easy as possible for you by offering an invoicing service in addition to other regular methods of payment
· Awards – the LCC is a Primary Awarding Centre for NICAS (National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme)
Please contact us if you require a copy of our Risk Management Summary, Risk Assessments or Public Liability Insurance documentation.