We are continuing to work hard to comply with the Government guidelines and make KendalWall COVID-Secure. Please be aware that despite all our COVID-secure measures we cannot guarantee our site is COVID free. Please ensure you are up to date with the current government measures to help make your visit as COVID-secure as possible including; social distancing requirements, hygiene guidelines and any local lockdown or self-isolation measures relevant to you and your group.
Please be aware that your details may be shared with NHS Test and Trace service if requested.
RE-OPENING – WHAT CHANGES TO EXPECT
- Please do not come to the Centre if you or any member of your group is not well!
- Sanitise your hand on entry and regularly when climbing.
- Please wear face coverings in the reception and shop areas.
- Arrive ‘Climb Ready’ to minimize number of people in the changing rooms and reduce the amount of clothing and bags in the Centre.
- Please use contactless pay. We don’t have any change in the till to give out.
- Capacity for each room is displayed at the entrance to that room. During busy times you may need to climb in a different area and come back later if capacity is exceeded.
- Please don’t bring spectators. Everyone in the building counts on our capacity so please don’t bring spectators with you. We may have to ask them to leave if we hit capacity.
- Remember to CHECK OUT when you leave. This helps us stay within our capacity and allows us to admit others to climb.
What the group leader/instructor needs to do:
- BOOK your session as there will now be a limit on the numbers we can accommodate around the centre. Please note this is for a 2 hour period. If you want your group to spend the day at the wall. please call to discuss with our staff. You can book here: https://www.kendalwall.co.uk/book-your-climb/
All external instructors will need to pre-book a slot for their group or call the Centre to make sure there is availability to accommodate your group. This is because we will be operating at a restricted capacity.
- Everyone in your group (adult 18+) must register online before arriving at the centre. Online registration is available here on our website: https://www.kendalwall.co.uk/pre-register/
- If you have under eighteens in your group, they must have a registration form completed by their parent or legal guardian. Registrations can be done online here: https://www.kendalwall.co.uk/pre-register/
- If you are bringing an under eighteen who doesn’t have a parent who can complete a registration form, you can download (see documents at the bottom of page) and complete an ‘in loco parentis’ form.
- Prior to your first visit to the Centre, you must register your school or organisation. We require the relevant certificates for the instructor plus evidence that the school / organisation has Public Liability Insurance (also known as Civil or Third Party Insurance) in place that covers climbing at an indoor wall. For LEA schools, a letter from the head teacher confirming this is generally sufficient.
- We require that instructors hold the CWA/ CWI as a minimum and can arrange courses for your staff if required. NB Instructors must operate at a ratio of 1:9 or less (depending on the most current government Coronavirus guidlines) and instruct within the remit of their qualification and the current COVID guidelines.
- Download and complete your ‘External Group Booking’ sheet (see forms at the bottom of the page) and make sure that you and any other instructors are registered with us already and that we have copies of your national governing body awards. You can email us at [email protected] copies of your NGB awards to add to your centre record.
- WHEN YOU ARRIVE just one person (the instructor/group leader) should come to reception to check in the group – and that all the forms have been completed correctly – and pay.
- Once the Check In has taken place the group may enter the centre. Please be aware we are asking customers to wear a face covering in the reception and shop areas.
Centre Registration Form – For centres, schools etc, who wish to bring groups to the Lakeland Climbing Centre under the care of their own qualified and insured instructor(s).
Freelance Instructor Form – form to be completed by any freelance instructor bringing groups into the Centre. Freelancer’s must provide a copy of their current third party liability insurance and qualifications (must hold SPA/CWA Award as a minimum requirement).
Group Supervision Form – form to be completed on the day by any registered instructor bringing groups to the Centre.
In Loco Parentis Form – form to be completed by adult in charge of a junior when they are not the parent or legal guardian.
Outdoor Centres, Organisations, Independent Instructors and Coaches etc, can bring groups to the centre as long as they have an instructor with one of the quals listed below;
SPA or RCI
CWA or CWI
CWLA or CWDI
MIA (Mountain Instructor Award)
MIC (Mountain Instructor Certificate)
BMG (British Mountain Guide)
We require that instructors hold the CWA/ CWI as a minimum and can arrange courses for your staff if required. NB Instructors must operate at a ratio of 1:9 or less and instruct within the remit of their qualification.
Independently instructed groups are differently priced to the Standard Entry Fees, with an off peak and peak rate to keep entry affordable for groups during our quieter times. For external groups our Off-Peak rates apply Mon-Fri 10- 4.30pm. Outside of this time, Peak rates apply for group entry. Supervisors and instructors may be charged an entry fee of £3.00 but this is waived for ‘normal’ ratio instruction. Contact the Centre for current group entry rates.
We can offer equipment hire – helmets, harnesses, belay devices and climbing shoes. If you have a large group, please call ahead so we can have all the kit ready for you.