Student Climbing at Kendal Wall
Student Climbing at Kendal Wall 2020/21 – Everything you need to know!
Whether you are already a climber or never climbed before, Kendal Wall offers something for everyone. As you can imagine the Centre is operating with plenty of covid safety measure in place, you can read more about them here.
Complete a registration form online – as this helps keep our entrance and exit area clear of too many people.
Very important before your visit, think carefully about whether you need to book. As there will now be a limit on the numbers we can accommodate, some people might like to book a time slot during busier times to guarantee entry to the wall. These bookable slots will cost £1 to reserve and give you 2 hours of climbing. As mentioned below, we will only ask climbers to leave after their 2 hours has elapsed if we are running at or near capacity.
If it’s a rainy day, especially on weekends or evenings, we strongly advise booking. Check our capacity counter AND how many other people have booked for the coming hours. (This can be seen on the booking page.) When we reach capacity, we may not be able to let you in for a climb unless you have booked.
New to Climbing?
Supervising others on ropes.
If you are registered with us as a competent climber then you can supervise two novice adults.
How do I learn roped climbing
We are in the process of re-starting our instruction, keep an eye on the Instruction Prices page on the website for the latest information on this.
That all sounds great – how much does it cost?
Standard entry (with proof of student status*) is £10
A cheaper way to climb is to buy Multi Entries: 10 Multi entries for £70.00 (each visit is just £7) and 5 Multi entries for £40.00.
If you are coming as many as three times a week, then we also have membership options, please ask a member of staff at reception.
*Proof of Full Time Student status could be; an acceptance email from your college/university, a student ID card (not NUS) with a photo and date of issue or expiry on.
FIRST VISIT – WHAT CHANGES TO EXPECT
If you’ve not been to the Centre since the shutdown, it would be well worth a read below;
- Please don’t come to the Centre if you’re not well!
- Sanitise your hands on entry and regularly when climbing.
- Please wear face coverings in the reception and shop areas.
- Please bring your check in card with you. You will need it to check in and out. If you haven’t been issued with one, we can sort that out for you on your first visit.
- Arrive ‘Climb Ready’ to minimise number of people in the changing rooms and reduce the amount of clothing and bags in the Centre.
- Please use contactless pay. We don’t have any change in the till to give out.
- Capacity for each room is displayed at the entrance to that room. During busy times you may need to climb in a different area and come back later if capacity is exceeded.
- Limited capacity means we may ask you to leave after 2 hours. We will always ask visitors and those who have been here the longest to leave first.
- Please don’t bring spectators. Everyone in the building counts on our capacity so please don’t bring spectators with you. We may have to ask them to leave if we hit capacity.
- Remember to CHECK OUT when you leave. This helps us stay within our capacity and allows us to admit others to climb and avoids you getting caught up in any Track and Trace incident after you’ve left.